Monday, July 11, 2011

The blower only blows on the last 2 positions.

Ever since I bought my 4Runner, the blower only worked on positions 3 and 4. 1 & 2 were nonfunctional. Like everyone, I assumed it was going to be the switch. The thought of tearing into the dash wasn't exciting me, so I kept putting it off.

It turns out it's an easy fix for the 4Runner. Toyota wanted around $30 for the part, local parts store as cheap as $10.xx. I went with that option. Plus they're local!

4Crawler's site has provided a wealth of information. May it never go offline. Here's the hot tip on replacing the blower resistor.

It's tucked up in front of the blower motor, getting the screw back into it was a bit of a chore. I had the old one in my hand in about 2 minutes. It took me about 10 to work the screw back in and make sure the resistor was properly seated.

Ahhh, now my blower blows on 1 and 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment